Monday, April 24, 2006

The Gay Straight Animal Rights Alliance is queering animal liberation!


I could not make this up if I tried… When I was putting together last weeks piece on the "Save The Animals, Screw The People Caucus" in the California State Legislature, I came across this site promoting a Gay Animal Rights group.

The Gay Straight Animal Rights Alliance (GSARA) is a group that is:

…working to promote the awareness and advocacy of speciesism as a social justice issue, one that's as real as racism, sexism, homophobia, heterosexism, anti-Semitism, and oppression based on class, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, or disability.

What I can’t figure out is if these are gay people advocating for animal rights or people advocating for the rights of gay animals.

No comments: