Monday, February 5, 2007

Report labels same-sex marriage activist as “Evangelical Christian” Real evangelical cut out of story. Liberal media strikes again!


If there was ever any doubt about the left wing leanings of the media this story blows them out of the water.

KGO, the ABC affiliate out of the San Francisco Bay Area interviewed yours truly for a story they were doing on Freddie Oakley, the Yolo County Clerk Recorder who plans on handing out “Certificates of Inequality” on Valentines Day to same-sex couples who come in and ask to be married.

The interesting part of this whole story is how they go out of their way to portray Mrs. Oakley as an “Evangelical Christian”:

The mother of two, in a traditional marriage for 37 years, is herself an evangelical Christian who says she just wants to make a statement.

And while they did include some of my comments in the article posted on their website:

Craig DeLuz, traditional marriage supporter: "She shouldn't be on the government dime when she's doing it. And she shouldn't be utilizing government resources, for example the county clerk's office, in order to be doing it."

They left out all of my comments in the story they would run on the evening news.

Now I called Nannette Miranda, the reporter who interviewed me and asked her about it and she had no idea that the video clip did not include my comments. Her specific words were, “This is not the story I submitted.”

She went on to say that she did not know that they were in the habit of changing hers stories and thank me for the heads up. She then committed to me that she would get back to me and let me know what happened. I look forward to hearing back from her.

Now… I was also interviewed by Fox 40 News in Sacramento and they did run some of my comments. In that interview I made the following points:

1. Even though she is an elected official, she should not use government resources to undermine California law, especially since this law was so overwhelmingly supported by the voters.

2. I wondered if Mrs. Oakley’s supporters would support the free speech rights of a County Clerk if he/she were to use their office to issue “Certificates of Denial” to same-sex couples advising them that their request to be married is in violation of California law, the law of nature and God’s law? I think not!

3. And finally, because Mrs. Oakley is such an “Evangelical Christian” I questioned where in the Bible she finds the authority to undermine civil authority and God’s Word, when it clearly says that marriage is between a man and a woman and that homosexuality is wrong.

I will post the video as soon as I get it.

No comments: